Liquorice Allsorts Overdose



This one which came from my imagination (I am a bit of a day dreamer – this morning I rode up Rodeo Drive on the back of an elephant.) I painted a deathly glaze in the lady’s eyes but it’s up to the observer to decide whether she has overdosed or just high from eating those yummy sweets. I prefer strawberry bonbons myself.


In 1899 a man working for the Bassett Company accidentally dropped a tray holding samples of liquorice sweets in front of a customer. They were strewn over the floor. As he was picking them up the customer liked the look of them and asked if he could buy a mixture of them. The famous “Liquorice Allsorts” were born. Hope you like it.